Location: HVCC TEC-SMART Extension Building, 345 Hermes Rd., Malta, NY
- Dr. Jerry Hayes, Honey Bee Lead at Monsanto and author of The Classroom in American Bee Journal, will speak on his experiences at Monsanto, as well as while beekeeping in FL.
- Dr. Thomas Seeley of Cornell University will give two talks, the first on a comparison between honey bee lives in nature and under human supervision, and the second on all the signals bees produce to keep the honey production process running smoothly
- Michael Smith, a graduate student from Cornell, who will give a presentation on his research into drones and when colonies invest in them.
Dinner With the Speakers – Pre-Seminar Friday night dinner March 14
- Drinks/mingle 5:45 PM, order 6:15 PM
- Carney’s Tavern, 17 Main St, Ballston Lake, NY 12019, (518) 952-7177
- Please pre-pay $35 with your seminar registration to ensure a seat at the dinner.
- Additional information is on the seminar registration form.
The Bee-Cup Fundraiser for the club, which helps us to pay for speakers and our annual Youth Beekeeping Award, is a fun part of the seminar. Would you like to donate something to lay on the tables to tempt people? We need beekeeping items, as well as other items. In the past, such things as a bee quilt, a pie, a pysanky egg, books, and more were donated – and taken home by lucky winners!
Betterbee, Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, Dadant and BeezerKBelts will be there as well!
Questions? Contact seminar organizer Anne Frey at 518-895-8744 or email@example.com