This round section super is milled from select grade eastern white pine. It's made to hold round section frames (Item No. 402-S) and requires a conversion kit (Item No. 410-A) to do so. This super is a great way to produce beautiful, round sections of comb honey with minimal cutting and draining.
Our process: All of our woodenware is made with high quality materials in order to serve you and your bees for many years to come. We use eastern white pine lumber from northeastern U.S. to build the many different pieces needed to make our hives.
First, each piece of pine is cut to the proper length and height. Then our equipment precision mills the interlocking finger joints, trims the boards to the exact length, and carves out the rabbet joints and easy-grip handholds. Finally, we pre-drill holes in the corner of each hive for easy assembly. This crafting process happens entirely in our Kentucky facility.
- Features of this round section super:
- Measure 4-1/2 in. x 16-1/4 in. x 19-13/16 in.
- Includes one super, a conversion kit, 8 round section frames, and 64 section rings
- Holds round section frames (Item No. 402-S)
- Natural, unfinished wood
- Uniform interlocking finger joints for maximum strength
- Taper-cut handholds for an easy grip
- 10 frame
Crafted from Select grade eastern white pine, the highest quality eastern white pine available. It has the least amount of imperfections allowed, and offers maximum strength and the smoothest look.