Beeyond Beehind The Hives

An Overview of Forms of Honey

April 1, 2013 | Beeyond Beehind The Hives

By Ol’ Drone There are many different forms of honey and the preference of the form depends on the cultural influences of the local marketplace. In Europe and Canada, most customers prefer creamed honey. This smooth, semisolid form is processed by the beekeeper by “seeding” with a starter Read more >

Secrets of Women and Bees

February 28, 2013 | Beeyond Beehind The Hives

By Jackie Rushton There are great, indefinable gifts exchanged when women teach women and help them to remember. There is a bonding that occurs when women work together in a bee yard that I believe only women understand. Some sort of alchemy takes place during this gathering of women, whose focus is Read more >


January 31, 2013 | Beeyond Beehind The Hives

Thanks to all of our efforts, there are bees everywhere—including the history, monuments, charters and signage of many locations. Here are just a few readers have shared with us. Utah: Readers let us know that there are hives on many of the state’s road signs, so we sought an explanation for that, Read more >

Honey Crystallization

January 31, 2013 | Beeyond Beehind The Hives

  By Ol’ Drone Honey is a super saturated solution containing the simple sugars fructose and glucose. This means that it has far more solids than water and it is inherently unstable in liquid form. The sugar solids account for 82%, leaving the water content at 18%. Over a period of time all honey Read more >