Our wax is 100 percent pure beeswax, molded to fit perfectly into each individual frame. This foundation has 10 vertically embedded brass wires that add strength to the foundation while the bees are drawing the wax. Beekeepers may want to add horizontal support for the larger frames by using support pins or cross-wiring. Wires are cut flush with the foundation on both edges. This type of foundation is meant to be dropped in through the top bar or snapped into the grooved top bar.
- Wired foundation with no hooks
- 5-1/8 in. x 16-3/4 in.
- Fits shallow, N style frames
- Has 10 vertically embedded brass wires for support
- Meant to be dropped in through the top bar or snapped into the grooved top bar
Follow these links for compatible frame options:
- Assembled: Item No. 11-DZA
- Unassembled, 10 pack: Item No. 11-DA
- Unassembled, 50 pack: Item No. 11-DB
- Unassembled. 100 pack: Item No. 11-DC
We also offer other types of foundation in various quantities. These options include: wired with hooks, wired with no hooks, plain (no wire), thin (comb honey), or 7/11 milled.
Note: Wax becomes brittle during freezing weather and may be held for unfavorable weather conditions. We cannot ship wax below 32 degrees. Please call with inquiries for shipping details.