Our wax is 100 percent pure beeswax, molded to fit perfectly into each individual frame. This foundation has 10 vertically embedded brass wires that add strength to the foundation while the bees are drawing the wax. Beekeepers may want to add horizontal support for the larger frames by using support pins or cross-wiring. Wires are left long on one edge and bent at a 90 degree angle. The bent wires are placed behind the wedge in the top bar of the frame at installation.
- Wired foundation with hooks
- Small Cell
- 5-9/16 in. x 16-3/4 in.
- Fits medium, SG style frames
- Has 10 vertically embedded brass wires for support
- Has hooks that go behind the wedge in the top bar of the frame
Follow these links for compatible frame options:
- Assembled: Item No. 17-SGZA
- Unassembled, 10 pack: Item No. 17-SGA
- Unassembled, 50 pack: Item No. 17-SGB
- Unassembled. 100 pack: Item No. 17-SGC
We also offer other types of foundation in various quantities. These options include: wired with hooks, wired with no hooks, plain (no wire), thin (comb honey), or 7/11 milled.
Note: Wax becomes brittle during freezing weather and may be held for unfavorable weather conditions. We cannot ship wax below 32 degrees. Please call with inquiries for shipping details.