This cassette is an essential part of the Nicot queen rearing method. It confines the queen to the cassette and only allows her to lay eggs in the brown cell cups (sold separately) inside. The cassette can hold 110 brown cell cups. It has a plastic cover with vertical slots that are large enough for worker bees to feed and tend to the queen but small enough where the queen cannot pass through them.
- Confines queen to cassette
- Holds 110 brown cell cups for queen to lay eggs in
- Essential part of the Nicot queen rearing system
- Plastic cover makes it easy to see the queen and eggs
- Vertical slots in the cover allow worker bees to feed and tend to queen, but do not allow queen to leave cassette
To use the Nicot method, place brown cell cups (sold separately) into the cassette and place cassette into a frame in one of your occupied hives. Then place your queen inside the cassette. She will only be able to lay eggs into the cell cups you've provided, making grafting unnecessary. When you release the queen - make sure you know the timeline for queen egg and larvae development! - you will have larvae of the precise age for queen rearing.
Note: Brown cell cups (Item No. 435) and other components of this method are sold separately. If you are new to queen rearing or would like to purchase the essential items for queen rearing in one place, please take a look at our Nicot Queen Rearing Kit (Item No. 430).