Russian Hybrid Queens Unmarked
Russian bees were imported from far eastern Russia by the USDA's Honey Bee Breeding, Genetics, and Physiology Laboratory in Baton Rouge, LA. They were imported because Russian bees had coexisted with varroa in their native land for over 150 years, and the USDA wanted to introduce a varroa-resistant subspecies to the US.
These queens are mated unmarked Russian-Italian hybrid queens.
- Strengths of Russian-hybrid honey bees:
- Excellent at wintering (small cluster needs less food)
- Resistant to varroa and tracheal mites
- High honey yield (same or better than Italian bees)
- Can rear massive amounts of brood in short times to closely follow times of nectar and pollen flow
- Constantly maintain several supersedure queen cells for immediate queen replacement if the hive loses its current queen
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read Queen Installation Instructions & Guarantee.
Shipping cost: All Queen shipments are shipped through the United States Postal Service (USPS). Free Shipping does not apply to queens.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If temperatures are 90 degrees F or above, queens CANNOT be shipped.
Disclaimer: Kelley Beekeeping Co. does not guarantee that a queen or queens will be successfully introduced to or will be accepted by your hive. You agree that you will not hold Kelley Beekeeping Co. responsible for queen survival in your hive, or for the condition or productivity of your hive after introduction.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION THAT FOLLOWS CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING: Available for pick up or shipment. Pickups will be at our Clarkson, KY location after 1 PM CST. All pickups are subject to KY sales tax. Shipping charges are applied during processing. THERE IS A $5.50 CHARGE FOR ORDER CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS. If any questions, please call before placing your order. Check out our installation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHflUXyTJ44. Insurance has been added into the shipping cost.